Goals Galore as Culloville crash out

Culloville 1-10 Killeavy 6-13

Six goals split evenly either side of the half time whistle allowed Killeavy to pull clear in dominant fashion during a dull affair last night. Ciaran McGuinness, Caolan McConville, Ben Hughes, Niall Quinn, Miceal McNamee and Calum O’Hare all struck the net during Killeavy’s 20 point win.

Culloville got the first score of the evening after two minutes through PJ McCann before Killeavy levelled with an Aodhan McEvoy point. Full forward Conor O’Neill edged the visiting side ahead before Killeavy hit a brace well taken point from Ben Hughes followed y Thomas Hannaway’s first score.

Culloville brought the margin back to two with a fabulous catch in the centre of the field by Ryan Garvey allowing the big midfielder send the ball towards goal, with the ball bouncing over the keepers head and over the bar. Niall Rowland followed up with a pointed free soon after to leave just one the difference.

 Ben Hughes once again found the target with Caolan McConville also chipping over a score to leave double scores, 0-6 to 0-3. Culloville’s challenge lasted all of 15 minutes as they kept in touch with the away side before McGuinness’ major followed by McConville’s goal sent Killeavy nine points ahead and the game was over as a contest.

Rowland added a point from the placed ball but it was matched by a long range Cathal Boylan effort before Ben Hughes hit the net two minutes before the interval with his blistering shot flying past the Culloville net minder to nestle in the corner of the net with Killeavy in front 3-8 to 0-5 at half time.

Niall Quinn got the second half off to a flyer with Killeavy’s 4th goal before Culloville replied; Fergal Rowland added a point before the hosts raised a green flag of their own through Shane Carragher. Conor O’Neill knocked over his second of the contest with Killeavy now 12 points clear.

Any hope of a revival was quashed when Killeavy goalkeeper Sean O’Hanlon guessed the right direction and denied Niall Rowland a goal from the penalty spot, with Niall Magennis pointing with the resulting attack. Rowland did land a point but was again saw it ruled out with a fisted Niall O’Neill score.

Killeavy continued to punish the Culloville defence which was under severe pressure and things only got worse for the home side when Niall Rowland was dismissed for a second yellow card offence. Conor O’Neill converted a free kick while Sean McGeeney pointed at the other end of the field.

Miceal McNamee rattled the Culloville net moments after being introduced before Conor O’Neill struck his 4th and final point. McNamee then played in Calum O’Hare who’s goal split two pointed frees from Matthew McCreesh just before the referee called for the ball with the result knocking Culloville out of the senior championship with one game remaining.

Culloville Scorers: Niall Rowland (0-3), Shane Carragher (1-0), Matthew McCreesh (0-2), Ryan Garvey (0-2), PJ McCann (0-1), Fergal Rowland (0-1), Sean McGeeney (0-1).

Killeavy Scorers: Ben Hughes (1-2), Conor O’Neill (0-4), Caolan McConville (1-1), Niall O’Neill (1-1), Ciaran McGuinness (1-0), Miceal McNamee (1-0), Calum O’Hare (1-0), Aodhan McEvoy (0-2), Thomas Hannaway (0-1), Cathal Boylan (0-1), Niall Magennis (0-1).