Armagh Camogie Match Reports

Granemore 1-16 Middletown 0-5

Granemore find themselves in the Senior Camogie Championship Final after seeing over Middletown on Tuesday evening.

Middletown offered strong opposition during the opening period of play, but Corinna Doyle’s second half goal sent Granemore through to the decider.

Both sides had early goal chances, but neither could find the net until Granemore eventually raised a green flag after the break.

Middletown started the brighter of the two sides, going ahead 2-0 early on, with Stephaine Curry slotting over a brilliant score.

Granemore fired back and led by the scoring exploits of Doyle and her attacking partner Rachael Merry, found themselves ahead 7-3 at the half time break.

The St Mary’s side powered on after the interval and soon stretched their lead to seven in the second period.

Then game Doyle’s goal, when she drove through the Middletown defence and smashed home from close range the game was gone from Middletown.

Both sides tagged on a few scores each but Granemore had already done enough to book their spot in the final.

Ballymacnab 4-10 Tullysaran 1-8

Granemore’s opponents in the Senior Final will be their rivals Ballymacnab as they defeated Tullysaran in the second semi-final.

A powerful first half showing was enough to see the St Brenda’s side through to the showpiece, but Tullysaran will rue their slow start.

Tullysaran did show an improvement in the second period, outscoring the Nab after the break, but the damage had been done.

Four first half goals seemed to suggest Ballymacnab would runaway with an easy victory but credit to Tullysaran, they did claw their way back.

Ellie McKee hit two early goals while Laura Smith and Eimear Smith also hit the net during a dominant opening period.

They matched their four goals with seven points, holding Tullysaran to just two scores to lead 4-7 to 0-2 at the half time whistle.

Tullysaran did close the gap in the second period with a three-pointer of their own through Siobhan Mackle but it was never enough to get back in with a chance.

Ballymacnab only tagged on three points after the interval but their first half work was enough to see them through to the decider.