LGFA Championship Finals Match Reports

Senior Championship Final

Armagh Harps 0-13 Carrickcruppen 0-8

Armagh Harps captured the Senior Championship title with a five-point win over Carrickcruppen on Saturday evening.

The Harps were the dominant side and built up a seven-point lead by the time the half time whistle sounded.

Caroline O’Hanlon matched Aoife Lennon’s opening score before the Harps really found their stride.

Finnuola McKenna grabbed her first of the evening while Kelly Mallon, joint top scorer on the night, struck a brace.

Siobhan Feeney tagged on another for the Harps, as did McKenna, Lennon and Mallon before ‘Cruppen hit their second through Orla Garvey.

The inspirational figures of Lennon and McKenna continued their great form with a point apiece before Sarah McCausland scored with the final action of the half, Harps ahead 0-10 to 0-3.

Carrickcruppen did make a better impression after the restart, holding the eventual winners to just three points, but couldn’t get back on level terms.

Caroline O’Hanlon along with Megan Cinnamond and Dearbhal McCullough closed the gap to four early in the second period.

Siobhan Feeney grabbed her second just before the water break while Caroline O’Hanlon kept Cruppen in touch.

Megan Cinnamond and Kelly Mallon traded score while Aoife Lennon knocked over the last score of the game, to hand Harps a five-point lead.

Intermediate Championship Final

Lissummon 2-13 Ballyhegan 1-9

Keady was the venue on Sunday afternoon as Lissummon secured the Intermediate Championship at the expense of Ballyhegan.

A blistering first half performance saw the eventual winners build up an early lead and they were able to keep ahead for the remainder of the contest.

Catherine Marley got the game up and running before her sister Sarah struck the games opening goal inside the first minute.

Sarah Gamble tagged on another for Lissummon to continue their great start before Blanthaid Hendron finally opened her sides account.

The Marley’s continued their terrific form with two points each while Hendron was on hand to grab Ballyhegan’s second score.

Sarah and Catherine Marley hit one point each before Eve Lavery and Hendron reduced the gap to seven.

Lissummon kept well on top and Sarah Marley grabbed her second goal of the game just before the half time break.

Two further points from the leaders saw them hold a commanding twelve-point lead, 2-10 to 0-4.

Ballyhegan came roaring back in the second half with Brenda McCormack striking a goal with the first piece of action in the second half.

Hendron (3) and Lavery tagged further scores while Grace Ferguson also raised a white flag, reducing the margin to four.

Sarah Marley swung over two points to keeper her side on top as Aveen Raffety claimed the final score of the evening to see her side win by seven.

Junior Championship Final

Craobh Ciaran 1-14 St Peter’s 3-7

Craobh Ciaran were crowned Junior Football Champions on Friday evening when they just did enough to edge past St Peter’s in a thrilling decider.

The eventually champions opened up an impressive lead during the opening quarter before a St Peter’s goal brought the Lurgan side right back into contention.

Maeve Lennon (4), Niamh Murphy (2) Orlaith Mallon all got on the score sheet to see Craobh Ciaran take a 0-7 to 0-2 lead by the 16th minute.

St Peter’s were denied some great goal chances, with the keeper pulling off a fine save while the crossbar also came to the rescue.

The Lurgan side tagged on a few scores, before eventually raising a green flag just before the interval to go ahead by one.

Maeve Lennon grabbed her fifth of the game to get her side back on level terms as the short whistle sounded, Craobh Ciaran 0-8 St Peter’s 1-5.

St Peter’s rattled the next with the first score of the second half, followed by a point to burst into a four point lead.

Lennon was once again on hand to settle her side while Nicola Woods, Aine Mallon (2) and Lennon all chipped in with scores as their side took the lead once again.

The star of the show Maeve Lennon rattled the net to put some breathing space between the sides once again.

Nikki Woods traded scores with the opposition as St Peter’s went in search of an equalising score.

The did hit the net for a third time, but that wasn’t enough to get back on level terms and Craobh Ciaran held on to win by the minimum of margins.