Armagh Club Match Reports

Division 1A

Granemore 2-14 Ballymacnab 0-8

Granemore shot themselves into a title contender spot with a 12-point win over their neighbours Ballymacnab on Sunday.

A goal either side of the half time break helped Granemore claim the two points on offer and sees them remain in second place in the table.

The sides traded scores early on with Gavin McParland’s sideline kick cancelled out by a Jason O’Neill mark.

Pete Carr and Liam Doyle pointed to nudged Granemore ahead before the home side really took the ascendancy with Carr grabbing the game’s first goal.

Ballymacnab replied through pointed frees from McParland and Oisin McGivern before Granemore youngster Padraig Doyle bombed forward for a score.

McParland and O’Neill swapped scores once again as Liam Doyle’s second put the home side up 1-6 to 0-4 at the half time break.

Ballymacnab got back within touching distance through two early scores from Kieran Hughes and Gavin McParland.

Marty Carr swung over a mighty effort from the sideline to kick start a Granemore purple patch, that saw them yield 1-7 on the trot.

Jason O’Neill rolled home a goal following a mix up in the Nabs defence before slotting over another score in the next attack.

Jim Short and Finbar Conroy kicked two massive efforts while Eoghan O’Neill and Louis Hughes got their names on the scoresheet.

Jason O’Neill exchanged frees with McParland and Ryan Watters to finish the game with Granemore ahead by twelve.

Maghery and Pearse Og played out an even draw on Saturday evening, with goals from James Freeman and Conor Clarke helping the Ogs to a share of the spoils, 0-14 to 2-8.

The Harps continued their encouraging start to the league with an impressive 0-16 to 0-14 win at home to Crossmaglen.

Dromintee bolstered their title ambitions with a 2-7 to 0-12 win over Killeavy, the goals coming through Niall Courtney and Cathal McKenna.

Division 1B

St Peter’s 2-5 Madden 1-14

Madden got back to winning ways after an opening day draw when they travelled to Lurgan for a 12 o’clock throw in on Sunday.

The visitors started the brightest with Conor Grimley slotting an early free while Aron McKenna pointed from an inside mark.

St Peter’s hit back as dangerman Niall McConville was on hand to nail two frees and get his side back on level terms.

Madden shot two ahead again with Niall Smith and McKenna pointing, but St Peter’s took the lead for the first time with the game’s opening goal.

The away team finished the half as they started, with two points from McKenna and Joe Sheridan firing them into a 0-6 to 1-2 half time lead.

Grimley traded scores with the St Peter’s attack before Niall Smith rattled the back of the net to put his side three up.

Madden piled on the pressure with further scores from Sheridan and McKenna, but the hosts weren’t for letting up and they raised a green flag of their own.

The Raparees dominated the final ten minutes of the game and rattled over five of the games final six points to go three clear by the final whistle.

Grimley knocked over two in a row (one free), while a Joe Sheridan point split two from McKenna, who finished with a personal tally of 0-6.

Clann Eireann were big winners away from home at the weekend as they saw off Cullyhanna with relative ease.

The Lurgan men built up a 0-6 to no score half time lead before stretching the margin to 11 by the final whistle, winning 0-14 to 0-3.

Silverbridge also enjoyed a strong win on Sunday morning when they saw off hosts Annaghmore 2-14 to 1-8.

Division 2A

Shane O’Neill’s 0-11 Sarsfields 1-8

Table toppers Sarsfields were the visitors to Camlough on Sunday afternoon and the sides couldn’t be separated.

Mark McCabe pointed in the opening minute for the Shane’s, and it was the ninth minute before the second score arrived when Sarsfields drew level.

The visitors edged ahead with a converted free and just after the first-half water-break Sarsfields caught the Shane’s napping and worked a goal from a short free kick to lead by four.

A third Sarsfields point edged them further in front before scores through John Grant, Mark McCabe (2) and Paul O’Rourke (free) had the Shane’s back to within one.

A late first-half free saw the away side go in at the break leading by two, 1-4 to 0-5.

Early scores courtesy of Ciaran Mackin and Paul O’Rourke had the home side back on level terms, but a fifth Sarsfields point edged them narrowly in front again.

O’Rourke nailed another free to leave the game all square before McCabe followed up minutes later with his fourth point of the contest to put his side one to the good.

A pointed ‘45 from Raymond Fitzpatrick was quickly cancelled out by a Sarsfields free as the Shane’s led by one at the second-half water-break.

Minutes after the restart the High Moss men drew level and almost immediately went ahead by the minimum with less than ten minutes remaining.

Both sides had chances to get themselves on the scoreboard in the closing minutes, but an injury time effort from Shane’s talisman O’Rourke earned a share of the spoils.

Culloville 0-13 Tullysaran 0-14

Tullysaran bounced back from their narrow loss to Sarsfields last weekend and edged past Culloville by the minimum of margins.

Gavin Conlon traded scores with the hosts early on while Mark McKeever and another from Conlon gave Tullysaran an early 3-1 advantage.

Culloville began to get into the game more and levelled the tie before Conlon split the posts again to nudge Tullysaran ahead by the first water break.

On the resumption Tullysaran went three up with scores from Gavin and Ryan Conlon, but it was all Culloville for the remainder of the half.

Five unanswered scores saw the home side in the driving seat by the half time whistle and headed into the break 0-8 to 0-6 ahead.

Tullysaran were now facing a strong breeze in the second period but got off to a great start with three scores through Ryan Conlon, Eddie Mallon and Ryan McCreesh.

The Blues replied with two of their own before Gavin Conlon rallied over another from the dead ball to level the game heading into the final quarter.

Culloville took the ascendancy with two points, but Tullysaran dug deep and had a great spell where they recorded the next four scores.

Ryan and Gavin Conlon hit a point each while Eddie Mallon clipped over two scores before Culloville grabbed the final score, but it wasn’t enough to get something from the game.

Clan na Gael were three-point winners over Whitecross on Saturday evening when they won 0-12 to 0-9, having led most of the game.

Tir na nOg were second best to last years beaten Intermediate finalists St Paul’s as they Lurgan side were 3-22 to 2-12 clear at the final whistle.

Division 2B

Keady 4-16 An Port Mor 1-7

Keady look like a side that mean business as they racked up a big score for the second weekend in a row when they hosted An Port Mor on Sunday.

Four second half goals sealed the victory, but the home side were in front throughout and were full value for their win.

The sides exchanged efforts early on before two Ciaran Donnelly scores nudged the home side into the lead.

Two Conor Corvan scores cancelled out An Port Mor’s reply before an excellent save from the visiting goal keeper denied Corvan a three-pointer.

Jonny Nugent knocked over the resulting 45 before Marc Toal and Dylan McKenna also got in on the scoring action.

Nugent and Odhran Fullerton chipped in with a point apiece as the Michael Dwyer’s club headed into the interval 0-10 to 0-3 in front.

Conor Renaghan got the game up and running after the turnaround before Shea Harvey slotted home the game’s opening goal.

Finn McGee and Jonny Nugent both pointed before Ciaran Donnelly raised his side second green flag.

An Port Mor hit a purple patch of their own, hitting an unanswered 0-4 but it wasn’t enough to get them back in contention.

The Blackwatertown men did strike a goal of their own, but Keady responded through a Marc Toal goal to go further ahead.

Jack Molloy got the final goal of the game with a low effort to the net, and this saw Keady lead by 18 points at full time.

Carrickcruppen edged through the Game of the Week as Tiernan Kelly’s first half major helped the Camlough side win 1-14 to 1-9.

Collegeland had a good win away from home at the weekend when they defeated neighbours Clonmore 2-14 to 0-12.

Ballyhegan defeated bottom of the table Middletown by two points, winning in the end 0-14 to 1-9.

Junior Division

Forkhill 3-10 Dorsey 0-10

Forkhill continued their tremendous start to the season with a nine-point win at home against Dorsey on Saturday night.

Goals win games and the home side grabbed three majors to collect the two points on offer and continue their winning form.

The sides were evenly matched throughout the opening quarter before a Cormac Toner goal put some daylight between the teams.

Darren King then hit the net just moments after the water break and suddenly Forkhill found themselves 2-2 to 0-3 ahead.

Dorsey claimed the next two points as they tried to close the gap, but Forkhill matched their efforts through Shea Coleman and Toner.

Darren King fired over the finals score of the half, with the two goals giving the home side the lead at the break, 2-5 to 0-5.

The Emmets outscored their hosts 3-1 during the opening ten minutes of the second period and were just three behind after the second water break.

Three Cormac Toner efforts gave Forkhill some breathing space again before Odhran Toal rattled the net with the final score of the evening.

Belleek had a comfortable win at home to Mullabrack at the weekend and four goals from the hosts settle the tie.

Sean McCreesh, Cashel Toner, Drew McVerry and Ryan Finnegan all hit the net as Belleek ran out easy 4-12 to 0-6 winners in the end.

Derrynoose were handsome winners over Thomas Davis at the weekend but didn’t get it all their own way during the opening period.

The sides were tied at 0-5 each but a terrific second half performance saw Derrynoose triumph 1-18 to 0-8.

Dylan Murray grabbed the all-important goal and finished with a personal tally of 1-3 while Pearse and Mark Lennon landed four points each.

Clady had a great win at the weekend when they saw off Killeavy IIs away from home, outscoring the opposition 2-10 to 1-11.

Lissummon were four points better off than St Michael’s Newtown when the sides met on Sunday, winning 1-11 to 1-7.