Armagh Club Match Reports

Division 1A

Ballymacnab 0-10 Pearse Og 1-11

Ballymacnab suffered their fourth straight defeat since action resumed and remain bottom of the Division 1A table.

An injury time goal secured the two points for Pearse Og, who deserving came away with a four-point victory.

James Freeman nailed two early points, matched by Ryan Watters and Pearse Hughes to see the sides tied two apiece just after the water break.

The visiting side took the ascendancy through a fisted Patrick Leonard point followed by two converted frees from Ruairi Duffy.

Ballymacnab responded with a Ryan Watters effort from the dead ball, cancelled out by the evergreen Paul Duffy (free) to see the Ogs ahead 0-6 to 0-3 at the break.

Anto Duffy got his name on the scoresheet early into the second period before Ballymacnab hit a purple patch to close the gap.

Two more white flags from Watters were split by a Kieran Hughes score to narrow the margin down to a single point.

Kieran Hughes (free) and Pauric Gribben exchanged scores with the Duffy brothers before Pearse Hughes finally got the Nab back on level terms.

Paul Duffy converted two placed ball efforts before another Kieran Hughes point saw the margin at just one with minutes left.

The Ogs grabbed the game-winning goal however as a long-range effort from Ruairi Duffy sailed over the goalkeepers head to guarantee the victory.

Dromintee picked up an important win on Sunday as they continue their mission of securing the league title.

Ryan Hughes netted early on for the hosts before four unanswered Granemore points had the visitors one up by the first water break.

However, a goal during the second quarter along with an improved tempo helped Dromintee into a 2-5 to 0-6 half time lead.

Granemore took control at the beginning of the second period, with five successive points seeing them back on level terms.

Dromintee hit the net once again to secure the maximum points on offer, with Ronan Quinn the man raising the green flag.

The 3-7 to 0-14 win over league-contenders Granemore sees Dromintee sit comfortably at top of the table, four points adrift from their nearest challengers.

Second placed Maghery saw off Crossmaglen in impressive fashion at home on Sunday afternoon, winning by six in the end.

The Loughshore side built up and eye-catching 0-9 to 0-2 half time lead, but Odhran Kernan’s three-pointer helped to narrow the gap for Cross.

Still, Maghery were too strong on the day and raced ahead 0-13 to 1-4 by the time the referee’s final whistle sounded.

Division 1B

Silverbridge 1-12 Grange 2-15

For one reason or another, this was the lone fixture in the division this weekend and it was a game of huge importance.

Both Grange and Silverbridge are among the front-runners vying to get to the top division and a win for the visitors sees them claim top spot after eight games.

The eventual winners held a slender one-point lead at the interval but pushed on in the second period once Silverbridge were reduced to 14 men.

Justin Kieran was in unstoppable form and finished the game with 1-10 to his name, 1-8 coming from open play.

Odhran Rafferty was exceptional in the middle of the park while Mark Toal had a great game in defence, starting attacks and even got forward to register a score.

Cathal McKenna and Ben Toal both recorded 0-2 apiece while Enda Mallon chipped in with his sides other goal.

Silverbridge hit a major of their own when a pointed effort came off the posts and the home side reacted quickest to raise a green flag.

Division 2A

Tir na nOg 1-7 Sarsfields 2-14

Bottom hosted top in the only Division 2A game of the weekend, with Sarsfields travelling to Portadown to take on Tir na nOg.

The High Moss men were heavy favourites heading into this one and as expected came away with the two points on offer.

An early goal from the home side saw them ahead by two points at the first half water break, leading 1-4 to 0-5.

The tables had turned however by the second water break as a goal for the Lurgan side saw them hold a 1-11 to 1-7 lead.

The league-leaders pushed on in the final quarter and were out of sight with another goal seeing them in front 2-14 to 1-7 at the full-time whistle.

Division 2B

Collegeland continued their steady run of form with their third win on the trot seeing them leap into third place in the table.

They bettered An Port Mor at home on Saturday evening, with three second half goals securing the victory.

The hosts held a three-point lead at the interval, 0-9 to 0-6, which was cut to two by the second half water break.

A strong final quarter by Collegeland saw them pull further ahead and were eventual winners on a scoreline of 3-16 to 1-11.

Wolfe Tones got back to winning ways at the weekend after suffering two successive defeats to Carrickcruppen and Collegeland.

They were convincing winners away to Middletown, who could do nothing to halt the onslaught, with the final score Wolfe Tones 9-16 Middletown 1-9.

Junior Division

Dorsey 0-11 Crossmaglen II 1-16

Crossmaglen continue to pile on the pressure at the top of the Junior table with their 8th win of the campaign coming on Saturday evening.

Big names such as Rico Kelly, Colin O’Connor, Paul McKeown and Johnny Hanratty all got on the scoresheet for the Rangers.

However, it was Daniel Cumiskey and Shane McConville who got the majority of the scores, striking a combined total of 1-8 between them.

The early exchanges provided a fairly even contest and the sides were tied on 0-4 each by the first half water break.

Crossmaglen began to pull away during the second quarter and Cumiskey’s goal helped them into a 1-9 to 0-5 half time lead.

While the Emmets battled hard to get back into the game, the damage had been done and Cross ran out eight-point winners.

League-leaders Eire Og gave a dominating display at the weekend, and they demolished Thomas Davis by 18 points.

John Cochrane, Ben McConville, Diarmuid O’Hagan and Ciaran Corey (2) all hit the net in the 5-11 to 1-8 victory.

Mullabrack picked up their first win of the league campaign as they defeated Lissummon at home 0-6 to 0-5.

Redmond O’Hanlon’s and Killeavy IIs couldn’t be separated on Friday night and finished the game level, 0-15 each.