Armagh Club Match Reports

Division 1A

Pearse Og 2-9 Granemore 2-14

Granemore picked up an important victory away from home on Sunday afternoon. A blistering last quarter saw the visitors earn a five-point win.

It could and should have been much closer. Pearse Ogs, now managed by Gerard Houlihan and Conor Clarke, were extremely wasteful in front of the posts.

The hosts took an early lead with a goal inside the first three minutes. Shea Freeman’s lofty ball towards the square passed everybody and bounced into the back of the net.

Marty Carr opened Granemore’s account with a free before the away team shot ahead. Brendan Boylan striking on a loose ball and burying it to the net.

Eoghan O’Neill finished a great free-flowing move with a point while Louis Hughes’ first put Granemore three ahead.

Anto Duffy landed a huge effort before Ruairi Duffy and Sean Moore (free) levelled the contest.

It wasn’t level for long. Boylan powered through the Ogs defence and sent a rocket to the bottom corner of the goal.

The hosts shot back with three on the trot. Moore (free), Paul Duffy, Ruairi Duffy (free) tying the game once again.

It’s was the period just before the interval that the Ogs will look back on with regret. They dominated possession, winning several turnovers, but just couldn’t make it count on the scoreboard.

The sides remained even at the break with Marty Carr and James Freeman both striking from the dead ball. Pearse Ogs 1-7 Granemore 2-4 at half time.

Ruairi Duffy and Darren Rafferty exchanges scores before Granemore nudged ahead. Points from Rafferty and a super individual effort from Kieran Doyle had the visitors two up.

The hardworking Vincy Brady reduced the deficit, but Granemore began to find their groove after the water break.

Louis Hughes was proving a handful and hit three points. Pete Carr, Jason O’Neill, Cathal O’Hare and Eoghan O’Neill all chipped in with scores.

The Ogs responded with a well taken Shea Freeman goal, but the game was gone by that stage and Granemore picked up the maximum points on offer.

Junior Division

Forkhill 1-15 St Michael’s 0-12

Forkhill played their first of two games this week when they defeated travelling side St Michael’s on Tuesday evening.

An early goal from Oisin Flynn followed by a Cormac Toner free put Forkhill up 1-1 to 0-3 after just four minutes.

Shea Coleman and Toner (2) tagged on further points as did Conor Donaghy and Conall Devlin.

Newtown responded with three on the trot before Owen Donaghy’s effort saw Forkhill up 1-8 to 0-7 at the break.

The sides traded scores at the beginning of the second period and St Michael’s once again got within a goal.

Forkhill were fit to keep them at arm’s length however and rattled off five of the next six scores.

Newtown did hit the final point of the game, but the margin was too big to close and Forkhill held on to win by six.

The 2020 Junior Champions were also out on Friday evening and Mullabrack almost caused the shock of the season, leading 2-6 to 0-9 at half time.

The away side eventually found their feet and with the aid of a second half goal, edged through 1-16 to 2-10.

Belleek 3-19 Clady 0-9

Belleek earned a comfortable victory over Clady on Saturday evening that sees them move to fourth place in the table.

Early scores from Sean McCreesh, James McParland (2) and Gary Boyle set the tone, while Clady replied through Gerard Grimley (free).

Cashel Toner and McCreesh kept the scoreboard ticking over before Conor McKevitt rattled the net for the game’s first goal.

Grimley and Mark McParland swapped scores while Sean Savage and Liam Doyle helped narrow the gap for the visitors.

McCreesh continued to raise while flags while Toner and McKevitt struck the net as Belleek sustained their dominance.

Liam Doyle opened the scoring in the second half, but Belleek fired over six unanswered points to stay well ahead.

Doyle continued to find the target but so did the hosts and Belleek were 19 points better off by the time the final whistle sounded.

Eire Og remain top of the pile as they defeated Dorsey 1-15 to 0-9 while Lissummon enjoyed a handsome 2-12 to 0-9 victory over O’Hanlon’s.

Killeavy earned their second win of the campaign with a 1-14 to 1-7 win over Thomas Davis while Cross II’s enjoyed a 3-15 to 0-9 triumph over Newtown on Saturday.