Armagh Club Match Reports

Division 1A

Maghery 2-8 Ballymacnab 1-12

Ballymacnab picked up their first win of the year as they defeated Maghery by the minimum of margins.

Gavin McParland rattled the net after only sixty seconds before Paul Kennedy put the Nab four ahead.

James Lavery replied with a super outside-of-the-boot effort for the hosts while Rory Grugan pointed from a free.

Stefan Forker split the posts from a placed ball before Jack Grugan restored the visitors four-point advantage.

Photo Credit: John Merry

McParland rallied over another score as Maghery took control and charged back into contention.

Ronan Lappin scored before turning provider, setting up a Conor Forker goal that reduced the deficit to one.

Paul Forker levelled the score for the first time as the half time whistle sounded, the sides tied 1-4 each.

Stefan Forker (free) and Kennedy (mark) exchanged points before Jack Grugan gave his side the lead with a brilliant curling effort.

Photo Credit: John Merry

Rory Grugan (free) and Aidan Forker (free) cancelled each other out as another outrageous Jack Grugan effort kept the Nab ahead.

Aidan Forker reduced the margin to one. But points from Jack and Rory Grugan (free) along with an Oisin McGivern score saw Ballymacnab four up with five minutes left.

Ronan Lappin netted a controversial goal after the referee had blown for a free to leave a tense finish.

Maghery couldn’t grab the all-important score to secure a share of the spoils and Ballymacnab held on for a one-point victory.

Granemore 0-9 Armagh Harps 1-9

Armagh Harps climbed to second place in the Division 1A table after a three-point away win against Granemore.

Tommy Turley claimed the game-winning goal, during a tight first half, that kept the Harps ahead until the end.

Finbarr Conroy and Joe McElroy got both teams off the mark while Pete Carr and Tom O’Kane (free) swapped scores.

Jim Short saw his point cancelled out by O’Kane, who also had a hand to play in the next attack that ended with Turley’s goal.

Watch back our reaction to the recent Club Championship Draws with Niall McCoy and Paddy Savage!

Marty Carr nailed a huge score while O’Kane (mark), McElroy and Caolan McQuaid all raised white flags.

Jason O’Neill (free) fired over the final score of the half to make four the difference at the break, 1-6 to 0-5.

The Harps were reduced to 14 men early in the second period but Granemore couldn’t make the extra man count.

O’Kane claimed all three of the away sides scores after the turnaround, striking two frees in the process.

Photo Credit: Richiepics

Jason O’Neill pointed a free while a trio Marty Carr scores closed the gap to three. The home side couldn’t get any closer and the Harps secured the win.

Crossmaglen were huge 2-18 to 1-7 winners at home to Killeavy on Sunday, with the victory taking them above the relegation zone.

Pearse Ogs overcame table toppers Dromintee 2-12 to 0-10 with Sean Moore and Anto Duffy both hitting the net.

Division 1B

Clann Eireann and Madden sit tied at 18 points each at the top of the table. The Lurgan men enjoyed a convincing win over Grange at the weekend.

13 points was the difference at the final whistle, winning 1-15 to 0-5 after being ahead 1-8 to 0-2 at the break.

St Peter’s picked up their second win on the run with an important victory away to Silverbridge, 2-12 to 0-12.

Division 2A

Whitecross 2-8 Shane O’Neill’s 4-10

Four first half goals allowed Shane O’Neill’s to record an eight-point victory away to Whitecross on Sunday afternoon.

The visitors totally dominated the opening fifteen minutes of the game, racking up a 3-1 to 0-1 lead.

Mark McCabe opened the scoring before a high ball from Matthew Girvan was fisted to the net by Greg McCabe.

A great free-flowing move saw Mark McCabe fire to ball to the roof of the net just one minute later.

Super work from John Grant allowed Greg McCabe to bear down on goal to raise the games third green flag.

Photo Credit: John Merry

Whitecross opened their account just before the water break, but the Camlough men continued their momentum after the restart.

Paul O’Rourke slotted over his first while Micheal Brady swapped scores with the Whitecross attack.

The hosts knocked over a brace, but Mark McCabe replied for the Shane’s by raising their fourth green flag.

Matthew Girvan followed up almost immediately with a well take point to leave his team 4-4 to 0-4 ahead at the break.

Whitecross register an early second half point but scores from Mark and Eamon McCabe kept the hosts at arm’s length.

A goal from Whitecross along with two pointed frees reduced the deficit to eight with over twenty minutes remaining.

Listen back to our reaction to the recent Club Championship Draws with Niall McCoy and Paddy Savage!

Two Paul O’Rourke frees, either side of the water break, restored a ten-point gap before Whitecross raced back into the game.

A pointed free was followed up with another goal from the penalty spot and suddenly the gap was narrowed to six.

The home side had their tails up now, but Shane O’Neill’s held firm with late points from O’Rourke and Ryan Quinn sealing a 4-10 to 2-8 win.

Tullysaran 4-15 St Paul’s 0-7

Tullysaran remain in the promotion hunt after a resounding home win over last years beaten Intermediate finalists St Paul’s.

The hosts enjoyed the advantage of a strong first half breeze as Eoghan Daly and Gavin Conlon (45) traded scores with the opposition.

Tullysaran hit the front with two goals in quick succession. Turlough Lardner blasted to the net after a goal mouth scramble for the first three-pointer.

The second goal was finished by Conlon after good work from Mallon and Daly. Kevin Corrigan added two points to see the home side ahead 2-4 to 0-2 at the water break.

Photo Credit: Richiepics

On the resumption, St Paul’s exchanged two scores with Eddie Mallon (one free) before Conlon buried his second goal of the game.

Eddie Mallon slotted over another to leave the score at the half time whistle Tullysaran 3-7 St Paul’s 0-4.

Mallon once again traded scores after the interval with two points while Ryan McCreesh also nailed a brace.

The Lurgan side saw another two of their points cancelled out by Conlon and McCreesh, with Tullysaran up 3-12 to 0-7 at the water break.

Photo Credit: Richiespics

Corrigan added to Tullysaran’s tally before super work from Eoin Daly resulted in a palmed goal for Caolan Doyle.

Two points from Conlon and Corrigan rounded off a perfect day for Tullysaran, claiming their biggest win of the season.

Culloville defeated Tir na nOg on Friday evening by six points, with 2-12 to 1-9 with final score.

Table toppers Sarsfield saw off neighbours Clan na Gael with a 2-11 to 0-14 win on Sunday afternoon.

Division 2B

Carrickcruppen were crowned Division 2B winners on Sunday having secured promotion to 2A last weekend.

They were 16 points better than Collegeland, who they meet in the first round of the Championship in a few weeks’ time.

The Camlough men were undoubtably the best team in the division, winning 11 of their 13 outings.

Photo Credit: Armagh GAA

They have remained unbeaten throughout the league, drawing on two occasions against Wolfe Tones and Keady.

The Tones also secured their spot in the tier above for next season when they defeated Clonmore 0-15 to 0-12.

Ballyhegan were handsome 2-15 to 0-5 winners over relegated An Port Mor while Keady saw off Middletown 3-11 to 0-6.

Junior Division

Lissummon 1-10 Forkhill 1-12

Forkhill continued their superb form with a closely fought two-point win over Lissummon on Friday evening.

Three pointed frees from Jemar Hall and Cormac Toner (2) gave the visitors an early lead before Lissummon opened their account.

Ciaran Smith, Jemar Hall (2), Owen Donaghy Conall Devlin (2) and Paudie Toner all pointed to see Forkhill in front 0-10 to 0-2 at half time.

Photo Credit: John Merry

Five points on the trot for the home side narrowed the gap to three before Stephen Sheridan got his side back on track.

Lissummon continued to claw the game back before a Forkhill goal finally opened up some daylight again.

Cormac Toner stretched the gap to five, but Lissummon responded brilliantly with a goal of their own.

They didn’t have time to rescue something from the game after a terrific second-half comeback.

Crossmaglen secured a 1-11 to 0-11 win over Derrynoose while Eire Og impressively saw off Dorsey 1-15 to 1-1.

St Michael’s Newtown defeated table toppers Redmond O’Hanlon’s at home on Sunday, 3-7 to 0-5 with Sean McVerry smashing home one of the goals of the season.

Mullabrack secured their second win of the campaign, defeating Thomas Davis on the road 0-12 to 1-7.

Killeavy IIs overcame Clady with three goals helping to pick up maximum points, 3-13 to 0-14.