Armagh Club Match Reports

Division 1A

Granemore 0-13 Pearse Og 0-11

Granemore now sit level on 15 points at the top of the pile in 1A following a strong two-point win at home on Sunday.

The sides were evenly matched throughout the opening period, but the hosts powered to victory after the restart.

Marty Carr (2) and Jason O’Neill (2) saw their scores matched by Paul (3) and Ruairi Duffy before Kieran Doyle put Granemore ahead at the water break.

Photo Credit: John Merry

Carr and O’Neill extended Granemore’s lead to three before another Paul Duffy point, his 4th from the dead ball, narrowed the gap.

Callum Murray and Anto Duffy brought the game back to level terms. Granemore nudged ahead 0-8 to 0-7 at half time thanks to a Cathal O’Hare effort.

The O’Neill brothers Jason and Eoghan both pointed before two Ruairi Duffy scores left the minimum the margin.

Photo Credit: John Merry

Marty Carr nailed another free while Cathal O’Hare burst froward from defence to claim his second of the day.

Substitute Liam Doyle fired over a crucial, long-range effort that finally gave Granemore some breathing space.

While Paul and Anto Duffy clawed back two points, the Ogs couldn’t find the goal they needed. The hosts held on and deservingly picked up the two points on offer.

Ballymacnab 0-17 Crossmaglen 4-10

Crossmaglen leaped out of the relegation zone with a five-point win away to Ballymacnab on Sunday.

The home side started the brightest, with points from Jack and Rory (2) Grugan seeing them three up.

Cian McConville struck a brace (one free) before Paul Hughes raised the first green flag of the day.

Two Rory Grugan efforts (one free) had the game back on level terms by the water break. 0-5 to 1-2.

Rian O’Neill slotted over two frees as Crossmaglen took control in the second quarter, with McConville nailing another goal.

Photo Credit: John Merry

McConville and O’Neill both split the posts from dead balls before a Rian O’Neill penalty had his side up 3-6 to 0-6 at the break.

Cross only extended their dominance after the turnaround, with Patsy Finnegan slotting home their fourth goal.

Kieran Hughes replied for the Nab before Cross rattled over points through Paul Hughes and Padraig Stuttard.

Rory Grugan traded scores with McConville just before the water break. Ballymacnab rallied in the last quarter and hit seven of the last eight points.

Aodhan Toner got his name on the score sheet, as did Pearse Hughes while Jack and Rory (4) Grugan grabbed the remainder of the home sides scores.

Cian McConville chipped in with a pointed free for Cross as they saw out a five point win in the end.

Division 1B

Clann Eireann headed into this one with a chance to go top of the table but couldn’t do so despite grabbing three goals.

All three majors came during the opening 30 minutes and yet Silverbridge led at the break 0-11 to 3-1. The hosts held their advantage until the final whistle, winning 0-17 to 3-5.

St Patrick’s fired their hat into the promotion ring with an impressive away win against Grange. The Cullyhanna men were ahead 0-17 to 1-10 at full time.

Division 2A

Clan na Gael closed the gap at the top of Division 2A with an away win over Culloville, who remain in relegation trouble.

The Clans were seven points better off by the time the final whistle sounded, winning 1-16 to 1-9.

St Paul’s got back to winning ways as they defeated Whitecross on the road on Sunday, 2-14 to 2-7.

Division 2B

Middletown picked up there second win of the league campaign when they hosted Collegeland on Friday evening.

The visitors were the better side during the opening exchanges, and two first half goals saw them in front 2-5 to 0-6 at the break.

Middletown bounced back with three goals after the restart from Shay Monahan and substitute Paddy McBride (2) to win 3-15 to 2-11.

Ballyhegan powered past Clonmore at the weekend, with the home team winning 2-11 to 1-9.

Junior Division

Forkhill 0-15 Derrynoose 1-8

Forkhill defeated Derrynoose at home on Friday evening, with four points to spare in the end.

The visitors made the best start, edging into a two-point lead by the 5th minute. Two quick fire scores from Cormac Toner and Stephen Sheridan got Forkhill back on level terms.

Three in a row from Derrynoose saw them in front once again while Paudie Toner slotted over his first just before the water break.

Derrynoose led by double scores, 0-6 to 0-3 after the restart, but Forkhill soon made it all square once again.

Owen Donaghy split the posts while a Cormac Toner brace tied the game. Toner nudged Forkhill ahead before Donaghy sent his side into the break 0-8 to 0-6 ahead.

Photo Credit: John Merry

Donaghy was on form and recorded the first three scores of the second period, but Derrynoose closed the gap with the game’s only goal.

The sides traded scores, with Donaghy grabbing the home sides point, while Shea Coleman also raised a white flag.

A Michael Byrnes double, followed by a Derrynoose point, finished the game with the hosts gaining maximum points.

Mullabrack picked up their second win in as many games when they defeated Clady in round fifteen of the league, 1-9 to 1-8.

Belleek and Crossmaglen IIs finished all square on Sunday, 0-10 each, leaving Forkhill joint top of the table with the Rangers.