Armagh Club Match Reports

Division 1A

Dromintee 2-14 Ballymacnab 0-3

Dromintee earned the Division 1A title on the final day of the season with a convincing win over relegated Ballymacnab.

The hosts made the best start, with Oran Loughran (2), Shea McArdle and Darren McKenna all raising white flags.

Rory Grugan offered Ballymacnab’s only response, before McArdle struck the games opening goal. Paul Martin also got in on the scoring act, driving forward from centre half back.

Points from substitute Kieran Hughes and Gavin McParland left the half time score 1-5 to 0-3 in favour of the hosts.

Ballymacnab were well in the game but couldn’t make it tell on the scoreboard, failing to register a score after the break.

Photo Credit: Dromintee

Points from Ryan Gaskin and Gareth Kilgallon sent Dromintee ahead 1-7 to 0-3 at the second water break.

It was all Dromintee in the final quarter, and Kilgallon’s 25th minute goal fired them 13 points ahead.

Niall Courtney, Gaskin and Ronan Quinn tagged on points as Dromintee lifted their first league title since 2004.

Pearse Ogs were relegated to Division 1B following successive defeats to Killeavy (Friday) and Crossmaglen (Sunday).

Killeavy made it two from two as they followed up Friday’s win with a 0-11 to 0-6 victory over Granemore on Sunday.

The Harps finished their campaign on a high as they defeated Maghery at home 2-13 to 0-8.

Division 1B

Grange kept their promotion hopes alive as they earned their 7th win of the league campaign on Wednesday evening.

A 2-14 to 0-16 win over St Peter’s sees them sit third, while the Lurgan men have already been relegated.

Mullaghbawn got the better of Cullyhanna on Sunday. They were one-point winners (0-12 to 0-11) over the team they will face in the championship.

With Madden winning the league, the second promotion place is still up for grabs. It’s all to play for on the final day of action next weekend.

Division 2A

Sarsfields 3-12 Tullysaran 0-11

League winners Sarsfields received their trophy on Sunday afternoon as they dispatched an understrength Tullysaran side.

The teams traded scores early in the game with Matthew Mallon replying to Sarsfields’ opening score.

The High Moss men hit the games first goal, before Eoghan Daly added a second point for the visiting side.

Tullysaran then enjoyed their best period of the match, with points coming from Eddie Mallon (2) and Gavin Conlon.

Sarsfields grabbed another score before a quickfire 1-1, just after the water break, sent the home side further ahead.

Photo Credit: Sarsfields

Eddie Mallon reduced the deficit to three with a brace, to leave the score 2-4 to 0-7 at the interval.

Mallon traded scores with the opposition while Gavin Conlon also scored, before leaving the field of play due to injury.

The hosts were now the dominant side, outscoring their opponents 1-6 to 0-2 in the remaining minutes of the game.

Whitecross beat Tir na nOg on Thursday evening, 1-14 to 1-9 while Clan na Gael picked up two points against Shane O’Neill’s, winning 2-8 to 0-11.

Three teams remain in danger of relegation, leaving an interesting and exciting end to the Division 2A campaign.

Division 2B

Clonmore and Middletown still fulfilled the final fixture of the year, despite having nothing to play for.

Middletown will play in the Junior league for the 2022 season, while Clonmore finished fourth in the table.

The Robert Emmets men were handsome victors on Saturday evening, 4-15 to 0-5.

Junior Division

Only one Junior game took place this weekend as Belleek hosted Eire Og on Friday evening in round 17.

Eire Og can still claim the league title and gain promotion to a higher grade, but it will be decided on the last round of fixtures.

The Craigavon men successfully saw off Belleek in a low-scoring affair, winning 3-5 to 2-4.