Armagh Club Match Reports

Division 1B

Grange 2-9 Madden 1-15

Madden were crowned Division 1B winners prior to Sunday’s game, and fresh off the back of their recent under-19 success, they finished the weekend in style.

Liam and Ryan Grimley performed well in the red and black, but it was Conor Grimley who stole the show.

The Man of the Match ended the game with a personal haul of 1-9 and guided Madden to victory.

The sides were even early on with Ciaran Rafferty, Grimley and Aron McKenna all scoring.

Grange shot ahead with the first goal of the game, while Madden responded with a second Aron McKenna point.

Photo Credit: John Merry

The league champions got their noses ahead when Conor Grimley netted in the 18th minute.

Ben Toal shot back instantly for the visitors with a three-pointer as Toal and Cathal McKenna traded scores with Grimley.

Grange’s attacking ace Toal grabbed the last score of the half to hand his side a 2-7 to 1-6 advantage.

It was all Madden after the break, and they were able to get their scores much easier than the opposition.

Grimley traded points with Toal before Rafferty, Grimley (4), McKenna and Joe Sheridan fired the Raparees three ahead.

Photo Credit: John Merry

Toal did close the gap in the 60th minute, but it was fitting that Grimley secured the victory with the final score of the game.

Clann Eireann gained promotion to the top tier after defeating Mullaghbawn 3-15 to 1-11.

Cullyhanna lost out to Silverbridge in a dead rubber contest having been one up at half time, 1-12 to 1-10.

The two relegated clubs St Peter’s and Annaghmore faced off on the final day and the Lurgan side came out on top, 1-11 to 2-7.

Junior Division

Eire Og 0-10 Forkhill 1-17

Forkhill denied any hopes of an Eire Og title push on the final day of the season.

The South Armagh men travelled to Craigavon and picked up two points that saw them finish in second place.

Last years Junior champions were four up before Eire Og registered their first score of the day.

Shea Coleman (2) and Paddy Burns stretched Forkhill’s lead while Eire Og replied with a brace.

Jemar Hall nailed two points before the break, with the leaders seven up at the interval, 0-10 to 0-3.

Photo Credit: Sinead Snaps

Paddy Burns swung over a second, while Conall Davin nailed three points to hand his side a nine-point advantage.

The hosts replied with three on the trot before Jemar Hall knocked over a lovely score, with time almost up.

The result was beyond doubt after Shea Coleman rattled the net on the second attempt, while Stephen Sheridan and Hall tagged on late scores.

Crossmaglen were crowned Junior A winners and will head into the championship full of confidence and momentum.

Photo Credit: Crossmaglen Rangers

Derrynoose were worthy winners against Belleek on Sunday, with three goals the telling difference in the end.

All three came in the second half after a competitive opening 30 minutes saw Derrynoose ahead 0-8 to 0-7 at the break.

Man of the Match Damian McGrane and Conor McNally struck points in the third quarter before the first goal of the game arrived through Davy McCreesh.

McNally raised a second green flag for his side after taking a quick free from 21 yards out, giving him a personal tally of 1-6.

McCreesh nailed his second goal as he slotted home a penalty late on to but his side nine up at the final whistle. 3-13 to 0-13.

St Michael’s Newtown picked up the Junior B title following their 2-12 to 0-7 win over Mullabrack on Friday evening.

Dorsey defeated Lissummon away from home on Friday 2-9 to 1-11 while Thomas Davis overturned Clady 3-11 to 0-10.

Photo Credit: St Michael’s Newtown