Division 1A & 1B Match Reports – Week Three

Division 1A – Madden 1-10 Armagh Harps 0-8

A first half Aron McKenna goal set the tone for Madden’s Division 1A triumph over the Harps on Friday evening.

The hosts built up a solid six-point advantage during the opening period, leading 1-7 to 0-4 at the break.

McKenna top scored for the Raparees, slotting home a penalty and finished with a personal haul of 1-4.

Conor Grimley hit 0-3 while Joe Sheridan, Ryan Grimley and Darragh McMullen all claimed 0-1 for the winners.

Granemore 0-9 Clann Eireann 3-9

Clann Eireann travelled to Granemore on Friday evening and returned home with an important two points.

Following their recent defeat to Crossmaglen, the Lurgan men bounced back in impressive fashion.

A converted penalty from Jack Conlon had Clann Eireann ahead by four points at the break. 1-6 to 0-5.

They raised two further green flags after the turnaround through Rioghan Meehan and Dan McCarthy.

Photo Credit: John Merry

Maghery 1-10 Dromintee 1-10

Maghery and Dromintee finished all square in round three of Division 1A, the second game in a row that both have drawn.

The Loughshore men tied with Granemore last Tuesday while Dromintee and Killeavy couldn’t be separated on the opening day.

The travelling side held the upper hand at the half time break, leading 1-5 to 0-6. The goal coming through Ryan Hughes

Maghery came back in the second half with the aid of an Oisin Cushnahan major, confirming a share of the spoils.

Division 1B

Clan na Gael 0-10 St Patrick’s 0-5

Clan na Gael continued their fine form with a double-score win over Cullyhanna in Davitt Park.

Diarmaid Marsden’s side didn’t get it as easy as they did the first day out but were deserving of their win.

Sean Mackle and Caolan Reavey traded scores early on before a Niall McCann brace handed Clans the lead.

The hosts never looked back and scores from Shane McPartland (free) and Michael Toland, split by a Reavey point, handed Clans a 6-2 half time lead.

Photo Credit: Chris Totton

Lennox Camara stretched their advantage with his first touch after being introduced. A Shea Hoey free brought the game back to three.

Pearse Casey narrowed the gap to two, but that was as close as St Pat’s got. McCann and Diarmaid Loney split the posts to widen the margin.

Cullyhanna kept in touch through Casey, but scores from Camara and McPartland (free) earned victory for Clan na Gael.

Photo Credit: Chris Totton

Sarsfields 1-13 Mullaghbawn 1-13

It finished level in Derrytrasna between Sarsfields and Mullaghbawn, thanks to a late Paul McGeown goal.

McGeown (2) and Kevin McAlinden gave the hosts a three-point lead before the opposition got off the mark.

The first half was an even enough affair, with Mullaghbawn edging ahead at the break 1-5 to 0-6, thanks to a Gerard McCann goal.

The visitors were reduced to 14 men early in the second period, but the lead for the majority of the game.

It was score for score after the turnaround and McGeown, who finished with 1-5, earned his side a point.

Silverbridge 2-15 Carrickcruppen 2-6

In a game with four goals split even between the two teams, it was Silverbridge who captured the two points on offer.

The Bridge, playing on home soil, picked up their first win of the season following their opening day defeat to Sarsfields.

Three of the four goals came during the opening 30 minutes as the home side built up an eight-point advantage.

Goals from Sean Rock and Pauric Keating put Kevin Franklin’s side comfortably ahead at the halfway stage.

Cruppen fought back with a goal after the turnaround, their three-pointers coming through Pearse Woods and Cathal O’Grady.

It wasn’t enough to close the gap as Silverbridge ran out nine-point winners in the end.