Division Three Match Reports – Week Three

Division Three – Lissummon 2-8 Derrynoose 1-14

Derrynoose shaded a closely contested Division Three tie on Friday to sneak through with a three-point victory over Lissummon.

A goal five minutes after the throw in from Stephen O’Brien fired Lissummon into a four-point lead.

Derrynoose responded with seven on the trot through Pearse Lennon (3), Davy McCreesh (2), Fabio Moreira and Sean McGuigan.

Lissummon shot back with the final three scores of the half to tie the game at the interval. 1-4 to 0-7.

Photo Credit: John Merry

The home side netted with the first attack after the break and Peter Quinn’s goal opened a three-point gap.

Derrynoose replied instantly with Sean McGuigan raising a green flag at the other end to tie the game once again.

Mark Lennon and Davy McCreesh traded scores with the opposition before a Lissummon brace sent them ahead.

McCreesh and Pearse Lennon split the posts as Derrynoose began to take control. Scores from Moreira, Lennon and Dylan Murray saw the visitors leave with the two points.

Mullabrack 2-12 Killeavy 3-8

Mullabrack picked up their first win of the season as they shaded a five-goal thriller against Killeavy II.

James Rice was the main man for the hope side and his accuracy paved the way to victory. Rice finished with game with 0-9 (4f) to his name.

Phillip McGeown struck Mullabrack’s first goal and finished with 1-1. A converted Killeavy penalty moments from the end looked to have sealed the deal for the visitors.

But there was one more twist as Mullabrack were awarded a penalty of their own. Ben Rice riffled home a goal to steal victory for his side.

Edmond Rice, Shane O’Hanlon and Eoin Crilly all got on the scoresheet with 0-1 for the home team.

Photo Credit: Belleek

St Michael’s 1-14 Clady 0-8

Newtown picked up two points at home on Friday evening when they saw off Clady to win by nine-points.

Brian Caherty out jumped the Clady goalkeeper to punch the ball to the net after 10 minutes. That goal was the difference at the break, with Newtown ahead 1-3 to 0-3.

The hosts pushed on in the second period and outscored with visitors 11-5 to earn a comfortable victory.

Elsewhere in the division, Middletown proved too strong for Thomas Davis and were 1-16 to 0-6 winners.

Eire Og continued their early season form with another victory, this time seeing off O’Hanlon’s 1-17 to 2-17.

An Port Mor scrapped through their clash with Dorsey to win by two points in the end. 1-12 to 0-13.