Division 2A & 2B Match Reports – Week Five

Division 2A – Shane O’Neill’s 2-7 Tullysaran 1-10

Shane O’Neill’s maintained their unbeaten in Division 2A with a draw at home to Tullysaran on Friday evening.

It was score for score early on before a great, flowing move saw the Shane’s move the ball quickly through the hands and finish to the net.

Four points on the trot had Tullysaran ahead, but a late free from the hosts left the sides tied 1-4 to 0-7 at the break.

Photo Credit: Diarmuid McGurk

The teams shared a point apiece early in the second half, but a Mark McKeever goal fired the visitors ahead.

However, the Camlough men tied the game minutes later with a goal of their own through a penalty kick.

The sides continued to raise white flags but neither could find the winning score and the game ended all square.

Whitecross 0-5 Wolfe Tones 2-9

Wolfe Tones earned a ten-point victory over Whitecross with two first half goals confirming the win.

Caolan Farrell and Odhran Magee both raised green flags for the away team, who built up a nine-point half time lead.

Tones lead 2-6 to 0-3 at break but the second half proved a much closer affair, with the Tones edging it 3-2. The gap was too big to close however for the hosts.

How Division 2A currently looks

Division 2B

Clonmore 2-2 Culloville 2-18

Culloville made it four from four with a big 16-point victory over Clonmore on Friday evening.

All four goals came in the second period. Culloville were well ahead, 0-13 to 0-1 by the time the first green flag was raised.

It was Clonmore who hit the net first with two goals on the bounce through Cathal and Caolan Cunningham.

Culloville replied with a brace of their own, Cathal Hatzer’s two goals proving the final two scores of the game.

Photo Credit: John Merry

Ballyhegan 0-9 Forkhill 1-11

Forkhill claimed their first victory of the season as they saw out a five-point win away to Ballyhegan.

A long ball in by Oisin Flynn was fisted to the net by Oisin McClelland to give the visitors a 1-6 to 0-3 half time lead.

The second half was an even enough affair, but the three-pointer guaranteed Forkhill the two points.

How Division 2B currently looks