Division 1A & 1B Match Reports – Week 11

Division 1A – Killeavy 0-19 Crossmaglen 2-9

A terrific second half display saw Killeavy extend their lead at the top of the Division 1A table with a win over Crossmaglen.

The hosts trailed by four at half time but dominated the game after the turnaround to win by four in the end.

Crossmaglen hit the ground running with two goals before the short whistle, both involving Jamie Clarke.

Clarke assisted Declan Stuttard’s palmed major before hitting the net himself. The Rangers led 2-5 to 0-7 at half time.

Killeavy turned it around thanks to Miceal McNamee’s accuracy from the dead ball and the powerful presence of Calum O’Hare at centerfield.

Maghery 0-13 Madden 1-10

Maghery and Madden couldn’t be separated on Friday evening and the sides each left with a point apiece.

Both sides lost key men early in the game with two Maghery men picking up red cards along with one Madden players.

Points from Darragh McMullen, Ciaran Rafferty, Aron McKenna (2) and Joe Sheridan (2) had Madden ahead 6-2 early on. Ronan Lappin and Stefan Forker replying for the hosts.

Maghery rallied back with the next four points, but the Raparees held a 1-6 to 0-6 lead at the break. Ciaran Rafferty rattling the net with the final score of the half.

Ronan Lappin, Brian Fox and Conor Forker helped put Maghery ahead for the first time. Four Conor Grimley scores in a row gave the visitors a late one-point lead.

Maghery had the final say and with the last score of the game earned a share of the spoils.

The Division 1A table

Division 1B

Ballymacnab 5-9 St Patrick’s 0-6

The Nab remain at the top of Division 1B after defeating Cullyhanna on Friday evening by 18-points.

Ballymacnab powered into a 5-1 lead before scores from Gary Mackin and Jack McAneney (free) closed the gap.

Goals from Jack Grugan (2) and Pearse Hughes opened up a 3-5 to 0-3 advantage by the interval.

The hosts continued their scoring spree into the second half with Kieran Hughes raising another green flag.

Cullyhanna responded with three points on the trot, two from McAneney. But Ballymacnab grabbed the final score with another major for Pearse Hughes.

Sarsfields 4-14 Carrickcruppen 0-17

Three first half goals more or less settled this game for Sarsfields as they picked up their 5th win of the campaign.

Thomas McAlinden claimed the first three pointer seven minutes into the game while Niall Kerr and Rioghan Crawford added further majors for the hosts.

Cruppen kept in touch with scores from Tiernan Kelly, Conor Sloan, Adam Matthews and Jack Cunningham. Sarsfields ahead by nine at the break, 3-5 to 0-5.

The sides traded scores at the start of the second half with Odhran Smyth matching Kelly’s effort.

Paul McGeown, Caolan Skelton and McAlinden all hit the target while the visitors replied through Richard Keenan.

Crawford grabbed the only goal of the second half as the High Moss men extended their advantage.

It was score for score after the goal and three in a row from Cruppen kept the hosts on their toes.

Ben Matthews and Cunningham nailed the final scores of the game, but the gap was too wide for Cruppen to close.

Elsewhere Clan na Gael saw off Pearse Og thanks to six goals, winning in the end 6-10 to 1-8.

Mullaghbawn shot to second in the table with a huge win over Grange away from home. 5-17 to 0-19.

The Division 1A table