Division 1A & 1B Match Reports – Week 12

Division 1A – Maghery 0-10 Clann Eireann 0-11

It was a titanic tussle between Maghery and Clann Eireann when the sides met in their Division 1A clash on Friday evening.

It was nip and tuck throughout but eventually the 2021 championship winners did enough to pick up maximum points.

Clann Eireann started the brighter and led 3-1 after ten minutes. Jack Conlon (2) and Dan McCarthy putting them ahead.

Maghery came back into it and scores from Stefan Forker and Kevin Robinson tied the game at 0-5 apiece.

Conlon fired over a late score (free) to give the away side a one-point lead at half time. 0-6 to 0-5.

Photo Credit: John Merry

Forker (free) levelled before Stephen Cusack sent the Loughshore men ahead for the first time.

A Daniel Magee brace saw the lead change hands but Forker (free) levelled it up once more.

Conlon give his side the lead three times but on all three occasions his score was cancelled out by Ciaran Higgins, Forker (free) and Robinson (free).

Higgins was back doing great defensive work as he made a goal line clearance to keep Maghery in touch.

Clann Eireann would have the final say however with Aodhan McConville getting the deciding score.

Photo Credit: John Merry

Madden 3-13 Dromintee 2-12

Madden made a terrific comeback on Friday evening to retain their second-place spot in the league table.

Dromintee sailed into a 2-6 to 0-3 lead during the first half, but Madden fought back to close the gap.

Niall Smith hit the net while Conor Grimley, Ciaran Rafferty and Aron McKenna all pointed for the hosts.

Dromintee edged four ahead at the break with Cathal McKenna registering his 4th of the half. 2-7 to 1-6 at the interval.

Photo Credit: John Merry

Cathal McKenna traded scores with Grimley as the Raparees started to take control of the game.

Rafferty, Aron McKenna (3), Darragh McMullen all scored while Grimley raised a green flag. Jamie Sheridan also pulled off a fine penalty save to keep his side on top.

Smith raced forward to grab his second goal of the game and while Dromintee hit two late points, it wasn’t enough to take something from the game.

Granemore 0-11 Killeavy 2-13

Killeavy kept their league title aspirations high with another victory on Friday. This time travelling to Granemore to pick up two points.

The weather conditions played their part and led to a tight and low scoring opening half. 0-7 to 0-6 to Granemore at half time.

Free kicks kept the scoreboard ticking with Miceal McNamee and Jason O’Neill the main scorers.

Photo Credit: John Merry

The second half started perfectly for Killeavy with Paul Quinn converting a well worked goal.

The visitors pushed ahead with further scores coming from Callum O’Hare and Cathal Boylan.

Killeavy kicked on from there and saw out an eight-point win in the end to go four points clear at the top of the table.

Elsewhere Crossmaglen defeated the Harps at home, winning by two-points, 0-12 to 2-4. Oisin Hughes grabbed both majors for the Harps.

How the Division 1B table sits

Division 1B

Sarsfields 0-12 Pearse Og 0-10

It was a close-run thing in Derrytrasna on Friday evening, but Sarsfields eventually came out on top in their Division 1B clash.

It was point for point during the first half. Anto Duffy and Thomas McAlinden traded scores as did Odhran Houlahan and Odhran Smyth along with Kevin McAlinden and Ruairi Duffy.

Houlahan saw two more scores cancelled out by Thomas McAlinden and Paul McGaughey. The sides were tied 0-5 apiece at the halfway stage.

Photo Credit: Sinead Snaps

Callum Murray and Houlahan opened up a two-point deficit but scores from Thomas and Kevin McAlinden along with Smyth saw Sarsfields regain the lead.

Ruairi McCay replied for the Ogs before Paul Duffy edged them ahead. Again, Kevin McAlinden hit the target to level the game.

Niall Kerr, Thomas McAlinden and Michael Stevenson sent the High Moss men three clear and despite the Ogs nailing the last score, Sarsfields had done enough to earn the win.

Clan na Gael 0-10 Ballymacnab 0-11

The Nab edged through a tough and close encounter on Saturday evening, with one-point the difference in the end.

The league leaders flew into an early lead with Ryan Watters (2) and Kieran Hughes putting them 3-0 in front.

It was all Clan na Gael from there however in terms of the score as they ran off five in a row before the break.

Lennox Camara (3) and Shane McPartland (2) gave the hosts a 0-5 to 0-3 half time advantage.

Photo Credit: John Merry

Their scoring spree continued after the turnaround with the whole half forward line raising white flags. Diarmuid Loney, Niall Henderson and Camara all scoring.

The Nab fought back through frees from Watters and Hughes (3) before Jack Grugan sailed over a brilliant point to level the game.

Hughes (free) exchanged efforts with Loney before Hughes and Grugan put the Nab two in front.

Sam McLarnon hit the final score of the night but Ballymacnab survived with a one-point victory to remain at the top of the division.

There were also wins for Silverbridge and Cullyhanna. A Paddy Reel goal gave the bridge a 1-17 to 1-10 win over Mullaghbawn, with Gerard McCann netting for the away side, while St Pat’s overcame Grange 0-13 to 0-9.

How the Division 1B table sits