Hurling Championship Match Reports – Round Two

Junior Championship

Keady II 1-12 Sean Treacy’s 0-18

Sean Treacy’s got their championship campaign up and running last night with a three-point win over Keady.

The Lurgan lads had a bye in the opening round and travelled to Keady yesterday to open their account.

Keady IIs won their first-round last weekend and despite defeat they remain at the top of the Junior Hurling Championship table.

Their scoring difference is one point better than Sean Treacy’s, so they remain at the number one spot.

Cuchulainns IIs stay at the bottom of the table, pointless, following two defeats in the first two rounds.

Killeavy got the better of them last night with two points to spare, 0-19 to 1-14. St Malachy’s also just edged past them last week with a one-point win.

The Portadown men sit in mid-table following that victory last week and they had a bye in this round.

Senior Championship

Middletown 3-19 Cuchulainns 0-16

Defending champions Middletown began their championship campaign with an emphatic win over Cuchulainns.

The game was switched to Middletown yesterday afternoon and with home advantage, the champions cruised to victory.

Seven-points was the difference at the interval, 1-14 to 0-10 and Middletown pushed on further after the turnaround.

Nathan Curry rattled the net in the first half, along with three points, while Sean Og McGuinness and Dean Gaffney also raised three white flags.

Gaffney tagged on a further two goals after the half time break, both coming from the penalty spot.

McGuinness (0-3), Cahal Carvill (0-1) and Curry (0-1) added on scores as Middletown saw out a 12-point victory.

Photo Credit: Richiespics

Craobh Rua 0-10 Keady 0-21

Keady continued their winning run following their opening round victory over Derrynoose.

Last years beaten finalists travelled to Camlough for their clash with Craobh Rua yesterday and left with an 11-point win.

The home side were right in the game at the halfway stage, with three the difference at half time, 0-9 to 0-6.

But Keady upped the intensity in the second half and pulled away to win comfortably in the end.