Under 19 Championship Match Reports

Division One

A dominant second half performance from Madden powered them through to the last four of the under 19 championship.

The sides were all square during a low scoring opening period, tied 0-2 apiece. Ronan Greene and Darragh McMullen raising Madden’s white flags.

Clan na Gael were dealt a huge blow at the beginning of the second half when they lost their goalkeeper to a straight red card.

The Raparees took over from there for the rest of the game and hit six points on the trot to open up a big gap.

Caolan McGoldrick and Cahal Donnelly hit two points each while McMullen and Jack Murphy also scored.

Madden are through to the semi finals of the u19 championship
Photo Credit: Madden

Mattie Lennon fired one back for Clans before Tiernan McGoldrick claimed the first and only goal of the game.

McMullen and Lennon traded scores while Murphy fired over the final point of the day to give his side a 9-point win. 1-10 to 0-4 in the end.

Madden will meet Crossmaglen in the semi-final of the under 19 championship after their 20-point win over Tir na nOg.

The Rangers won 3-18 to 0-7 with their three-points coming through Ronan Fitzpatrick, Aaron O’Neill and Jack Crummie.

Clann Eireann take on Killeavy while Mullaghbawn meet Armagh Harps in the two remaining quarter finals.

Crossmaglen are through to the semi finals of the u19 championship
Photo Credit: John Merry

Division Two

St Patrick’s got their under 19 championship campaign up and running with a 17-point win over Granemore.

Nine was the difference at the halfway stage with Oisin McCreesh and Aodhan Sheridan netting for the hosts.

Cullyhanna extended their advantage after the turnaround with another two goals through Finn Donnelly and Jack Quinn to win 4-17 to 0-12.

Setanta, an amalgamated side of Maghery and Ballyhegan, saw Ballymacnab off with 28-points to spare.

Padraig O’Keefe claimed two goals while Ronan Branagh and Aidan Gallagher also hit the net.

Silverbridge also made it through to the next round as they overcame St Peter’s 2-23 to 3-7 with Michael Traynor and Sean Conlon claiming the three-pointers.