Division 1A & 1B Match Reports – Week Three

Division 1A – Mullaghbawn 0-9 Armagh Harps 0-10

Division 1A champions Armagh Harps continued their perfect start to the campaign with a one-point win over Mullaghbawn.

Harps started the game on the front foot and cruised to a 5-0 lead after 20 minutes. Shane McKeown, Ryan McShane, and Tom O’Kane (3) all splitting the posts.

Mullaghbawn rattled off four on the trot before Ryan McKeown steadied the ship with a Harps score to see them 6-4 up at the break.

Photo Credit: Richiespics

The hosts pointed on the restart before Luke McKeever knocked over a free for Pascal Canavan’s side.

Mullaghbawn countered with two scores to level and traded points with McKeever before edging one point in front.

Harps raised their game and points from McShane, McKeever and Conor Lavery left the Harps two ahead.

Mullaghbawn slotted over a free on the 33rd minute but were unable to get the score that would level the game.

In association with PB’s Bar Moy

Killeavy 1-12 Madden 1-11

A late goal from Miceal McNamee handed Killeavy their second win of the Division 1A league campaign.

Madden had led for the majority of the encounter, but Killeavy got their noses ahead to win by the minimum of margins.

The Raparees, fresh off the back of an opening day win over Crossmaglen, held the advantage at half time.

Eoin Grimley netted in the opening half to see Madden head into the break with a four-point advantage, 1-6 to 0-5.

But Tommy Coleman’s men hung in and nipped ahead with McNamee’s three-point five minutes from time.

Photo Credit: John Merry

Ballymacnab 0-7 Clann Eireann 0-10

Clann Eireann continued their winning streak in Division 1A, building on their convincing ten-point win over Mullaghbawn in round one.

Ruairi Lavery’s side travelled to Ballymacnab on Sunday and came away with two more points in the bag.

It was fairly even at the start of the game, with both sides scoring from frees early on to sit all square, 0-3 apiece after 13 minutes.

Clann Eireann edged ahead just before the break to carry a three-point lead into the second half. 0-7 to 0-4.

That gap widened to five towards the end of the game before the Nab pulled it back with two points.

The hosts were then awarded a penalty, but Eoghan Mulholland denied Ryan Kennedy to earn Clann Eireann the win.

Division 1B – St Peter’s 1-12 Silverbridge 2-10

Silverbridge continued their perfect start to the campaign with a one-point away win over St Peter’s.

The Lurgan side were hoping to bounce back following their one-point defeat to Clan na Gael but suffered the same fate in round two.

The sides were all square at the break, 1-4 each, with the goals coming from Barry Creaney (St Peter’s) and Fionnan Burns (Silverbridge).

The Bridge hit the net again after the turnaround, through Sean Rock, to pick up a one-point victory.

Photo Credit: Chris Totton

Clan na Gael 2-6 Dromintee 0-12

Clan na Gael and Dromintee couldn’t be separated in Davitt Park on Sunday afternoon as they finished all square.

Clans youngster James Austin hit a first half goal, but yet the home side trailed by the minimum at half time, 1-2 to 0-6.

Callum O’Neill claimed a second goal for Ronan McMahon’s side as they led by one-point heading into the final few moments.

But Dromintee full forward Cathal McKenna slotted over an equalising free to see the game end in a tie.

Photo Credit: Sinead Snaps

Grange 2-12 Sarsfield 1-13

Grange edged out Sarsfields on home turf by two-points to claim their first victory of the 2023 season.

Two first half goals from Chris Rafferty’s side saw the teams level at the halfway interval. 2-3 to 0-9.

Sean Doherty hit the first while Brendan Rafferty tucked away a penalty to see the sides finish the half all square.

Eamon McGeown netted for the travelling side in the second half, but Grange held on two take the two points.

Elsewhere, a strong second half showing helped Maghery overcome Shane O’Neill’s, 0-16 to 1-8.