Division 2A & 2B Match Reports – Week Five

Division 2A – Wolfe Tones 1-10 Tir na nOg 1-9

Wolfe Tones picked up their first win of the Division 2A campaign, coming from three-points down at half time to win by one.

Tir na nOg carried a 0-8 to 0-5 advantage into the second half, but Tiarnan Geddis levelled matters with a goal.

The visitors shot back with a three-pointer of their own, with Tom Weir finishing a fine individual effort.

With the game all square, the Tones needed a late free from Jamie Haughey in the dying minutes to secure a one-point victory.

Photo Credit: Chris Totton

St Patrick’s 0-7 Tullysaran 0-11

Tullysaran recorded their second win of the season with a four-point victory over table toppers St Patricks.

Eddie Mallon traded scores with the hosts before a brace from Mark McKeever put Tullysaran ahead.

St Pat’s levelled as both sides squandered good goal chances. Gavin Conlon added two-points to give the away team the lead at the break. 0-5 to 0-3.

Cullyhanna got back on level terms as McKeever exchanged efforts with the hosts, as did Matthew Kernan.

Photo Credit: John Merry

McKeever (2) and Barry Toner fired Tullysaran three up as Cullyhanna went in search of a goal, with the keeper joining the attack.

The ball broke to Ciaran O’Riordan. He tried to chip the ball from distance to an empty net, but the ball hit the crossbar and resulted in the insurance point.

Elsewhere, Pearse Og handed St Paul’s their first defeat of the year, winning 0-14 to 1-9. Culloville beat Carrickcruppen 3-13 to 0-11.

In association with P2P Customs

Division 2B – Cross II 1-13 Annaghmore 6-13

Goals win games and that was most certainly the case for Annaghmore in Crossmaglen on Friday evening.

Four second half goals for Annaghmore saw them pull away to pick up a third win of the year.

Just four-points separated the sides when the half time whistle sounded, with Annaghmore ahead 2-8 to 1-7.

The Annaghmore goals came through Connor Cullen (2), Oisin MacIomhair (2), Stevie McConville and Fionn McCormack.

Photo Credit: Sinead Snaps

Forkhill 0-9 Derrynoose 1-5

Derrynoose suffered their first defeat of the season, falling to Forkhill by the minimum of margins on Friday evening.

The hosts led for the majority of the game and carried a four-point advantage into the break, 0-6 to 0-2.

Derrynoose got back on level terms late on with Jack Fox raising a green flag to tie the game 0-8 to 1-5.

But Forkhill had one final say, with James Shannon proving the hero as he fired over the winner with the final point of the day.

Division 2B Round Up

Whitecross continued their unbeaten run as they saw off Middletown, away from home, by one-point.

A goal late on from the hosts left a nervy finished, but Whitecross had enough to get their noses ahead by the end.

Keady earned a four-point away win over Belleek, with James O’Hara doing the bulk of the scoring for his side.