Ballymacnab and Granemore earn first wins

Mullaghbawn 1-12 Ballymacnab 3-11

Ballymacnab picked up their first points of the Division 1A campaign with a five-point away win over Mullaghbawn.

With the breeze at their backs, the visitors built up an eight-point half time lead, but Mullaghbawn battled back bravely after the break.

Ryan Watters and Fearghal Nugent got the Nab up and running before Gavin McParland netted after a brilliant pass from Paul Meegan.

Mullaghbawn opened their account while Kieran Hughes traded scores with Kieran Grant. Hughes, Watters and McParland (2) extended the Nabs lead.

Ballymacnab picked up their first points of the Division 1A campaign with a five-point away win over Mullaghbawn.
Photo Credit: John Merry

Fergal O’Brien fired over the final score of the first half, to leave eight the difference at the break, 1-8 to 0-3.

Another goal from Kieran Hughes widened the gap, but Mullaghbawn rallied to bring themselves back into the game.

Shea Loye traded scores with Niall McKee before Mullaghbawn hit 1-2 to off some hope of a comeback.

Loye exchanged efforts with Watters, before nailing another two points. Eddie English fired over to narrow the gap once again.

But a second Hughes goal ensured Ballymacnab picked up maximum points and their first win of the season.

In association with PB’s Bar Moy

Granemore 1-13 Clann Eireann 0-11

Granemore earned their first win of the season and handed Clann Eireann their first defeat, with five-points the difference in the end.

Playing with a strong breeze Clann Eireann started quickly with point from play after 10 seconds through Daniel Magee.

Granemore edged ahead through Louis Hughes, Cathal O’Hare and Jason O’Neill putting them 3-1 up.

Scores from Aidan McConville and Jack Conlon drew the visitors level before McConville and Magee (both marks) put Clann Eireann ahead.

Photo Credit: Richiespics

O’Neill traded scores with Paul McKenna while Tony McClelland did likewise with Jack Conlon. That left Clann Eireann 7-5 ahead at the break.

Eoghan O’Neill narrowed the gap with a 45 before Marty Carr levelled proceedings. Granemore then went ahead with scores from O’Neill and Paudie Doyle.

Adam Kelly narrowed the gap while O’Neill exchanged scores with Oran Downey. The hosts pulled further ahead some free-flowing football saw O’Neill played in one-on-one.

O’Neill netted and it was followed by a Ryan Rafferty point. Downey and O’Neill brought the game to an end, with the home side claiming victory.