Division 1A & 1B Match Reports – Week 14

Division 1A – Crossmaglen 0-12 Ballymacnab 0-7

Crossmaglen picked up their fifth victory of the Division 1A campaign with a five-point win over Ballymacnab last Tuesday.

The sides were evenly matched early on and points from Caolan Finnegan and Jamie Clarke gave the hosts a 5-3 half time lead.

Pauric Gribben narrowed the gap at the start of the second half but that was cancelled out by Chris Crowley.

Aaron Kernan and Crowley added scores before the Nab were handed a lifeline with a penalty.

Tiernan McConville pulled off a fine save however to deny Ryan Watters, with the ball ricocheting over the bar.

That was as close as the visitors got however and Crossmaglen pulled five clear by the end of the game.

Photo Credit: John Merry

Granemore 1-13 Killeavy 0-10

A goal just before the half time break helped Granemore storm past Killeavy in Friday evening’s Division 1A clash.

Brendan Boylan’s hanging effort dropped just short and flew into the back of the net to edge the hosts ahead.

The game had been fairly tight up to that point, with the sides tied level four times in the opening half.

Eoghan O’Neill nudged Granemore in front before Boylan’s three-pointer gave them a 1-5 to 0-4 half time lead.

Granemore extended their advantage through Jason O’Neill before Miceal McNamee and O’Neill traded frees.

Two further scores from the hosts widened the gap to seven while Cathal O’Hare swapped scores with McNamee.

Killeavy did close the gap to three but Granemore fired off the final three points of the day to win by six.

A goal just before the half time break helped Granemore storm past Killeavy in Friday evening's Division 1A clash.
Photo Credit: Richiespics

Madden 3-8 Mullaghbawn 0-8

Madden continued their fine form last Friday evening with an impressive nine-point victory over Mullaghbawn.

Three goals made all the difference for the Raparees, as they drove two-points clear at the top of the table.

Niall Smith and Joe Sheridan both nailed three-pointers within a minute of each other during the first half.

That gave the Madden men a six-point cushion heading into the half time interval, leading 2-4 to 0-4.

Aron McKenna added a third major after the turnaround to guarantee Madden maximum points from the game.

A goal just before the half time break helped Granemore storm past Killeavy in Friday evening's Division 1A clash.
Photo Credit: Sinead Snaps

Armagh Harps 1-6 Clann Eireann 0-7

Armagh Harps bounced back from last week’s defeat to pick up a two-point home win against Clann Eireann.

The hosts opened the scoring through James McCoy and Luke McKeever while Conn Stevenson traded scores with Clann Eireann.

The visitors hit two points in as many minutes to level the tie before sneaking ahead before the break. 0-4 to 0-3 in favour of Clann Eireann.

A superb three-pointer from Ryan McShane after four minutes of the second period fired the Harps back in front.

McCoy knocked over a free before Clann Eireann nailed three on the bounce to tie the game once again.

The Harps tagged on two late scores to edge ahead at full time, through McKeever and Cathal Agnew.

Division 1B – Sarsfields 2-12 St Peter’s 2-11

An Eamon McGeown goal right at the death granted Sarsfields a narrow one-point win over St Peter’s.

The High Moss men trailed at the interval by six-points but produced a sterling second half display to win the game.

A quickfire 1-1 from Niall McConville fired the visiting side into an early lead following McGeown’s opening point.

Gavin McCormack and McConville added further scores while McConville exchanged efforts with Thomas McAlinden.

Kevin McAlinden and Ciaran McCavigan swapped scores, as did Ruairi McDonald and Paul McGeown.

In association with PB’s Bar Moy

Thomas Byrne knocked over the final score of the first half to leave St Peter’s six up, 0-4 to 1-7.

1-3 inside the first seven minutes helped Sarsfields get back on track, with Kevin McAlinden grabbing the goal.

Niall Creaney and McConville edged St Peter’s back in front, but it was score for score towards the end of the game.

Three scores from Paul (2) and Eamon McGeown nudged Sarsfields ahead by one with three minutes remaining.

St Peter’s looked to have snatched it with a Creaney penalty, but Sarsfields had the final say as McGeown buried the ball to the net with the last kick.

A goal just before the half time break helped Granemore storm past Killeavy in Friday evening's Division 1A clash.
Photo Credit: John Merry

Division 1B Round Up

Silverbridge remain at the top of the Division 1B table following their victory over Shane O’Neill’s.

The ‘Bridge overcame last years Intermediate Championship winners by five-points in the end, 0-16 to 1-8.

Dromintee are currently just behind, having saw off Maghery with four-points to spare last Friday evening.

A first half Jack McArdle goal fired them 1-7 to 0-2 ahead at the break. Maghery battled back in the second half, but Dromintee held on for a 1-9 to 0-8 win.

Clan na Gael were worthy eight-point winners away to Grange on Friday evening, earning a 2-14 to 1-9 triumph.