Annaghmore earn playoff place

Annaghmore 3-15 Whitecross 2-10

A powerful second half display from Annaghmore helped them see off Whitecross with eight to spare in the end.

Two goals from the hosts kept them in it at half time, but it was Whitecross who led by one at the minimum.

And while Whitecross claimed two goals of their own after the break, it was Annaghmore who took control.

Annaghmore rattled off 1-12 after the turnaround while Whitecross failed to raise a single white flag.

The sides traded scores at the start of the first half before Annaghmore raised ahead with their first goal.

They added to that tally by raising a second green flag just four minutes later, to stretch their lead to six.

The home side failed to score for the rest of the half however as Whitecross fired off seven in a row.

Cathal McSherry kickstarted their purple patch with a point free, followed by a score from Aodhan Lynch.

Niall Boyle narrowed the gap to four with his first while McSherry added another two from the dead ball.

A third followed from McSherry while Finnegan put his side one-point in front at the break. 0-10 to 2-3.

Annaghmore shot ahead early in the second half, however. Connor Cullen and Oisin MacIomhair split the posts before Cullen rattled the back of the net.

Dessie McCormack’s men nailed the next three scores, before a goal from Lynch offered Whitecross a lifeline.

MacIomhair and Cullen furthered Annaghmore’s advantage, but Whitecross were right back into the game with another goal.

This time it was Joe Starkey who claimed their major and that left five the margin with ten left to play.

But unfortunately for Whitecross, Annaghmore knocked over the next three-points to keep them in the championship.

They finish in third place, with Tir na nOg (top) and Pearse Og (second) above them. The defeat sees Whitecross crash out of the championship.

A powerful second half display from Annaghmore allowed them to see off Whitecross with eight to spare in the end.
In association with P2P Customs