Armagh Erne easy first round victory

Fermanagh 0-9 Armagh 3-11

Armagh qualified for the last four of the Ulster Championship with the minimum of fuss, seeing off Fermanagh.

Any hope of an ambush were dashed when Ultan Kelm picked up a black card. His deliberate pull down of Andrew Murnin deservingly punished.

In that ten-minute spell, Kieran McGeeney’s side raised two green flags. Conor Turbitt and Jarly Og Burns netted to put them 2-2 to 0-0 ahead after just 18 minutes of action.

Fermanagh should have hit the net themselves in the fifth minute. Oisin Smyth out-jumped Blaine Hughes, but his goal-bound shot was blocked on the line by Aaron McKay.

Fermanagh did open their account with a Sean Cassidy free just as Kelm re-entered the fray. But by that time the flood gates had well and truly opened.

Points from Ciaran Mackin and Burns were followed by a third goal, with Stefan Campbell palming home from close.

Kieran Donnelly’s team did grab the final point of the first half with Fionan O’Brien splitting the posts. 3-4 to 0-2 at the half time break.

Second half

Turbitt and Cassidy exchanged frees while Mackin, Rory Grugan and Campbell extended the gap to 14-points after 55 minutes.

Kelm and O’Brien did pull two back, while a leisurely point from Campbell was matched at the other end by Conor McShea.

With the result beyond doubt, both sides emptied their benches. Substitutes Conor Love and Barry McCambridge chipped in with scores after being introduced.

Armagh qualified for the last four of the Ulster Championship with the minimum of fuss, seeing off Fermanagh.

O’Brien nabbed his third with a superb kick while Love added a second with a free in front of the posts.

Oisin O’Neill swung over the last score of the day with ease. That chalked him down as Armagh’s ninth scorer of the day.

It’s on to the last four for Armagh. Their search for a first Anglo Celt since 2008 continues and they’re now one game away from the decider.

Fermanagh: R Bogue, L Cullen, C Cullen, O Smyth, D McCusker, S McGullion, C McManus, R McCaffrey, J McDade, C McGee, C McShea 0-1, F O’Brien 0-3, U Kelm 0-1, G Jones, S Cassidy 0-2 (2f). Subs: J Ellis for R McCaffrey, J Ellis for C McManus, C Love 0-2 for G Jones, B Horan for C McGee, J Cassidy for O Smyth, D McGurn for D McCusker.

Armagh: B Hughes, P Burns, A McKay, P McGrane, J McElroy, C Mackin, A Forker, R O’Neill 0-1, B Crealey, S Campbell 1-2, R Grugan 0-1 (1f), C Turbitt 1-1 (1f), O Conaty, A Murnin 0-1, J Burns 1-1. Subs: O O’Neill for R O’Neill, B McCambridge 0-1 for A McKay, Oisin O’Neill 0-1 for J Burns, Connaire Mackin for R O’Neill, A Nugent for A Murnin.