Division 1A & 1B Match Reports – Week Ten

Division 1A Round Up

Crossmaglen came from three-points down to defeat Granemore by five points in Friday’s Division 1A league clash. Two goals had the home side up at half time, but the Rangers hit the net themselves after the turnaround.

Odhran Doyle netted after six minutes of play before Eoghan O’Neill also raised a green flag from the spot. Odhran Kieran and Ronan Fitzpatrick tapped over frees before the break, with Granemore ahead 2-0 to 0-3.

O’Neill added a free while Padraig Doyle also hit the target for Granemore, but it was all Crossmaglen in terms of the scoreboard. A quick free for Aaron O’Neill created the Cross goal, which was finished by James Teelan.

Teelan ended the game as the top scorer for Anthony Cunningham’s side as he left with 1-1 to his name. Fitzpatrick chipped in with 0-3 as did Kieran while Harry Cumiskey, Alan Farrelly and Stephen Morris scored 0-1 apiece.

Clann Eireann overcame Armagh Harps by six-points on home turf, thanks mostly to a second half goal from Ruairi McDonald. The hosts led by the minimum of margins at half time, 0-6 to 0-5, before pulling ahead 1-13 to 0-10 after the turnaround.

Silverbridge got back to winning ways against Dromintee on Friday night as they travelled home with a ten-point win. A Joe Rock goal had the ‘Bridge 1-3 to 0-3 ahead at the break and they ended up winning 1-11 to 0-4.

Division 1B – Ballymacnab 0-8 Maghery 0-6

Ballymacnab ended their losing streak on Friday night when they saw off Maghery by two-points. In a low-scoring Division 1B encounter, it was the home side, who only scored once in the second half, who just got over the line in the end.

The sides traded scores early on before a string of points from Finnen Maguire, Kieran Hughes and Jack Grugan put the Nab 4-1 ahead. Niall McAlinden replied with a brace while Pearse Hughes raised a white flag at the other end.

McAlinden could have had a goal, but for a fine save from Conor McGivern, while Maguire added his second. Kevin Robinson and Kieran Hughes exchanged frees as Ballymacnab held a 7-4 advantage at half time.

Brendan Haveron and Robinson dwindled the margin down to a single point with scores at the start of the second half. Maghery were then awarded a penalty, but McGivern once again came to the rescue to deny Robinson.

Ballymacnab tagged on the final score of the game to pick up a two-point win, with Kieran Hughes landing a massive score in the dying minutes.

Crossmaglen came from three-points down to defeat Granemore by five points in Friday’s Division 1A league clash.
Photo Credit: Richiespics

Sarsfields 3-7 Culloville 1-14

Culloville came from six-points down the start of the second half to earn a one-point win away to Sarsfields. Ryan Duffy proved to be the Culloville hero on the night as he fired over the final score of the game.

Sarsfields got off to a dream start, with Eamon McGeown netting inside the first sixty seconds. The sides then exchanged efforts, with McGeown and Colin Stevenson matching points at the other end.

Scores from Paul Kingham, Fergal Kieran and Duffy tied things up before Stevenson nudged his side in front again. Culloville clipped over a Tadgh O’Neill point before McGeown claimed his second major to give his team a 2-3 to 0-6 half time lead.

Sarsfields hit another three-pointer after the turnaround, this time through Shane McAlinden, to go six ahead. The Culloville response was rapid, and they raised their only green flag of the night through O’Neill.

McGeown and Duffy swapped scores, as did Niall Kerr and Niall Rowland along with Patrick McCavigan and Ryan Garvey. Culloville hit the next four points, with Rowland, Kieran (2) and Duffy all splitting the posts.

McGeown tied things up near the end with a pointed free, but the opportunity to win the game fell to Duffy and he made no mistake in front of the uprights.

Crossmaglen came from three-points down to defeat Granemore by five points in Friday’s Division 1A league clash.
In association with PB’s Bar Moy